Drug therapy is the cornerstone of heart failure treatment. Todays heart failure drugs can relieve your symptoms, improve your quality of life, reduce your risk of hospitalization, and help you live longer.
It may take some time and effort to find the best drug combination for you. Youll need to work with your heart failure team to identify the drugs that best manage your heart failure, with the fewest side effects. Be patient and do your best to faithfully follow your changing drug regimen during this process.
To learn more about specific medications you may be taking, click here.
- Specific medications I may be taking [Video]
- What should I do if I experience side effects from my medications?
- Why do I need all these medications?
- Why is it important for me to take my medications as directed?
- What strategies will help me take my medications as directed?
- Why is my provider adjusting my medications? [Video]
- Are there any medications I need to avoid if I have heart failure?