Makes 4 servings (2 tortillas per serving)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups unsalted cooked beans (e.g. pinto, cranberry, red)
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup guacamole (make your own with mashed avocado, lemon juice, and garlic)
- 1 cup low-sodium salsa
Heat olive oil in a large skillet (cast iron works best). Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, and jalapeño, and sauté for about 10 minutes, until just tender. Add lemon juice, cumin, chili powder, and stir well. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
To serve: Fill tortilla shells with beans and vegetable mixture, and garnish with guacamole and salsa.
Nutritional information per serving: 385 calories, 14 g protein, 11 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 63 g carbohydrate, 14 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 235 mg sodium.