What should I track at home?
Regular self-checks are crucial to successfully managing heart failure.
Everyone with heart failure needs to monitor their weight every day. Why? Rapid weight gain is a red flag that your heart failure is getting worse.
Heart failure and heart failure medications can also affect heart rate and blood pressure. So your provider may ask you to monitor those factors too.
- Why do I need to monitor my weight?
- How do I monitor my weight?
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Why do I need to monitor my blood pressure at home?
- What should my blood pressure be?
- How do I monitor my blood pressure at home?
- What specifically should I look for in a home blood pressure monitor?
- Does it matter which arm I use when measuring my blood pressure?
- Why do I need to measure my heart rate?
- How do I measure my heart rate?