Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups frozen edamame (shelled)
- 6 ounces (about 5 heads) baby bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Cook brown rice in pot or rice cooker according to package directions. While rice is cooking, heat sesame oil in a saut pan, skillet, or wok. Add sliced bell pepper and edamame, and saut for 6 minutes. Add bok choy and soy sauce and cook, for an additional 4 minutes, just until bok choy is crisp-tender yet still bright green. Divide rice among 4 large bowls and top each bowl with one-fourth of the vegetable mixture.
Nutritional information per serving: 329 calories, 17 g protein, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 374 mg sodium.