You probably completed an initial round of evaluations to get to your present heart failure diagnosis. Your doctor will almost certainly repeat some tests at regular intervals throughout your care to monitor your condition and your response to treatment.
Knowing what each test reveals about your health and how the information can be used to guide treatment will help you better work with your clinicians to manage your heart failure going forward.
- Testing overview
- What tests are useful in diagnosing and monitoring heart failure?
- Imaging tests
- What is an echocardiogram?
- What will happen during my echocardiogram?
- What other imaging tests are used in heart failure?
- Blood tests
- Are blood tests useful in monitoring heart failure?
- Other tests
- What is cardiac catheterization?