Makes 10 servings
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, diced, with juice
- 2 medium ripe yet firm avocados, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- red onion, diced
- 1 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can black olives, rinsed, drained, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- jalapeo pepper, finely diced
- cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper as desired
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes (including any tomato juice left on cutting board when chopping), avocados, bell pepper, onion, corn, olives, garlic, jalapeo, and cilantro or parsley and toss together gently. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper, and toss together to distribute. Adjust seasonings as needed. Chill until serving time.
Serve with whole-grain or bean chips, tacos, burritos, or fresh veggies.
Nutritional information per serving: 120 calories, 2 g protein, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 134 mg sodium.